Thursday, September 18, 2008

Fast Forward

Right. So it's been quite a spell since I've written and this here's my update.

Summer has come and gone, the way it will, and our collective wheel has turned. We made the brutal move off the island I love so well, and have created our temporal separate paths. Jena and Evan have taken residence at our Tukwila condo, proximate to Evan's new school, Seattle Christian Schools. I have made my way across the pond to Southampton, where I'm to take lodging tomorrow in Priory Road, St. Denys, Southampton, Hants, UK.

All good so far.

I've lately spent a day and a half getting acquainted with some of the putative practitioners or perhaps just teachers of web science at a curriculum-setting meeting at Uni Soton. It was a good session, good to make some new acquaintances, and good to hear the discussions of what taught elements might necessarily fit the rubric of web science.

Now it's a lovely day here and I'm guessing I'd best leave this writing for a bit later and go enjoy before it fades away.

1 comment:

BBat50 said...

Mark, It's an oddly small world. Thanks for stopping by bbat50.com, where I'm 50 and in South Florida. I was in Hillhead for half a week this summer. It's very close to Southhampton. And research in social networking sounds great. Stay in touch. I'm also spellingcity.com and time4learning.com.